Baked Penne & Salami

Okay - not a crock pot recipe but you can convert it if you wanted to.

Ingredients
One package penne pasta
One large jar Ragu spaghetti sauce (I like the garlic-herb flavor for this)
1/2 lb salami/summer sausage (I used garlic flavored)
1/2 - 2/3 C dehydrated onion
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder (NOT salt)
1 tsp onion powder
Parmesan cheese

In casserole (I used my enameled cast iron pot) pour in pasta & onion.  Pour in sauce, garlic, onion powder, seasoning, one sauce container full of water (about 1qt); stir.  Slice salami/summer sausage VERY thinly, then into strips about 1/4inch wide - add to the pot.  

Bake COVERED at 375F for 60 minutes, stir at least once half way through and then topping it with cheese.

This fed 5 adult appetites ... and I had a little left over.

We had this with a bit of String-Cheese Garlic toast


No comments:

Post a Comment