RECIPE: TACO SOUP, DUMP & GO

SO I wanted to make something for Cinco De Mayo ... my son says I'm guilty of "Cutlure appropriarion" I told him "Tough knoogies"

so, what did I make? a quick TACO SOUP ... kind of

here's the recipe:

into crock pot:

3 chicken tenderloins
1 can  chicken 'n' rice soup
1 can vegetable soup, tomato based
1 can white beans (I used Great White Northerns)
1 can corn, with juice
1 cup water
1 T chili powder --or-- Taco seasoning (I didn't have taco seasoning so I used the chili powder)
shredded cheese

Dump it all in the pot.
Slow Cook 3-4 hours on high --or-- 5-6 hours on low heat ... shred chicken
serve in bowl topped with cheese.

I used an Instant Pot:
cook chicken tenderloins on Meat/Soup setting for 20 minutes with 1 C water
shred chicken. put back in pot and add rest of ingredients.
cook on Meat/Soup setting on high pressure for 20 miutes

serve in bowl with cheese on top.


Here's a look at my bowl ... it was good - I had a second bowl.
Not very spicy at all though, so if you like it HOT either increase the Chili Powder or break out the Louisiana Hot Sauce (such as Tabasco or Frank's or which ever your favorite is)

Will I make it again?
YES
Will I can/jar it up?
If I can find a safe version, you betcha ... can not can rice or several other ingredients that commercial canneries can - they have more heavy duty canners which get to much higher pressure than the home canner we can buy

Taste -
I usually don't like tomatoe with chicken, except catsup, but this is really good!
4 of 5 stars ... could have used some taco seasoning, which I didn't have

Ease to make -=
4 of 5 ... the toughest part is shredding the chicken and gettimg the spice right

Presentation -
5 of 5 ... well, its soup -- the cheese really finished it off.  Adding a dollo[ of sour cream would have looked nice too, but I think it would have ruined the taste.

Give it a try -- its really really good!


No comments:

Post a Comment