Chuck Roast w/Potatoes
1 chuck roast (mine started frozen)
1/2 cup water
6 potatoes (one for each person in my house)
Famous Daves Steak seasoning
McCormick's Brown Gravy mix packet
- place roast in crock and add water, cooking on low until roast thaws (about 2 hours)
- peel the potatoes and slice into six wedges (so you know how many to place on a plate per serving), move the roast to on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the steak seasoning to taste.
- cook all day long
- when potatoes are cooked to 'fork tender' but not falling apart, remove the roast
- remove the potatoes, stir in the gravy mix, turn heat to high ... add the potatoes back in and stir ... let them cook while roast "sets" for 15 minutes.
- slice up roast ... serve the potatoes ... YUM!
Its that simple.
And ... the best part ...
the kids will tell you what a great cook you are!