READY, SET, STOP

 yeah yeah yeah ... I know ... I should have my Instant Pot up by now, but I don't ... long story ... hoping it will be up and going by .... Aprl

Meanwhile -- I have taken to pre-cooking my ground meats and splitting them up, since most of it is used in crumbled meat pieces anyways.  I know I will have to use them up within 3 months of cooking and then freezing but that shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

Today I did up 10# of meat ...

    5# or so done up in 1/2# packages (total of 10)

    4# or close to it, cooked and then split into 1# packages (total of 4)

    1#, likely a tad more, turned into tonight's supper of salisbury steak, modified for my daughter's Low FODMAP (?) diet ... no onions, but she can have garlic ... total of 4 patties which have, well crumbled.

then on top of all this I decided to cut up and freeze a container of mushrooms I had asked hubby to get for us ... pre-daughter's diet ... I cut them in half and then freeze them - decided not to blanch them since the majority of the time I'm just gonna plop them into a sauce anyways ...

    1# mushrooms, split into 4 1/4# packages

then there was the Mixed Veggies hubby got me ... he bought them at Sam's Club and he got me a HUGE bag ... looked like about 5# of mixed veggies -- hubby will not eat Veg-All because it has lima beans in them (he hates lima beans with a passion!) ... so I was shocked to see him buy such a large bag - I haven't looked to see what exactly is in there but I'm assuming NO lima beans.

I opened the bag expecting to split it into a bunch of 10oz packages ... what I found was SHOCKING - at least for me ... 

Sam's Club has gone the way of CostCo when it comes to their veggies ... instead of being one huge bag of veg, I found it contained 6 smaller bags of veg - but still larger than I can buy at the store.  

So ...

    3 - 24 oz packages of mixed veg

    6 - 10 oz packages of mixed veggies

    1 - package of extra veggies for supper tonight

and that's it.

So it was definitely a "Read, Set, Stop" type of day.

And bitterly cold.

It was -11F for the longest time today, so I tried to use it to freeze my mushrooms and 1/2# packages of meat.  But I found that even after **2 hours**  the MEAT was still thawed, but the mushrooms were pretty firm.

I don't understand it -- I would have thought it would have frozen twice as fast as in the deep freeze ... but somehow, they didn't seem to freeze any faster at all!  hmmmm ... its a puzzlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment